Eligibility Criteria for Schools
We are committed to working with schools that support our mission to raise the achievement of children, regardless of background, and to provide them with equal choices and opportunities in life. We work with schools in three categories which focus on deprivation rates and the relative underachievement of disadvantaged pupils.
*Our definition of disadvantaged pupil is as per those on the DfE performance tables – namely those considered as eligible for free school meals and children looked after (i.e. In the care of the Local Authority for at least six months)
We will also work with any school currently in Special Measures (although these schools may not be appropriate for residency placements).
Search for your school
Your school may show as ineligible if your school has been established recently and does have results data yet or if performance data for FSM6 pupils was unavailable. If you cannot find your school in our list, please contact email@example.com for further guidance.
Make a case for your school
Schools that do not meet our eligibility criteria but feel they are working in a challenging environment in which The Future Leaders Trust could make an impact, or if they are actively supporting other schools which meet our criteria, can make a case to work with us. See our FAQs here. They must be based on factors such as:
- Percentage of disadvantaged pupils making expected progress in English and maths is significantly below the national average
- Percentage of pupils going on to higher education is significantly below the national average
- Percentage of pupils with below functional reading ages and/or high levels of low prior attainment
- Percentage of persistent absence and/or suspensions/exclusions
- Percentage of teaching which is less than good
- High number of mental health and/or child protection referrals
- High re-advertisement rates of vacancies
- Local Authority wide results for attendance, OFSTED or the attainment gap