Select a category of questions
Select a question
- How do you select the participants?
- Do I get a choice of which Future Leader I host at my school?
- How much will I have to pay the participant during their residency year?
- I have been matched to a Future Leader, what happens next?
- How much time out of school will a Future Leader need for training?
- Can I attend any of the training sessions with the Future Leader?
- What is the role of the Leadership Development Adviser and what can I expect from them during the residency year?
- What can I expect from the Leadership Development Adviser (LDA) for Future Leaders after the first year?
- What is the process for employing a Future Leader at my school?
Our selection process is based upon 13 competencies in the areas of thinking, being and leading that we believe are key for leaders of challenging schools. Applications are made online, candidates complete two essays, provide work history information and references. Candidates are also asked to complete a series of online ability tests to assess thinking.
Applicants who perform well at the online stage are invited to attend an assessment centre, comprising of a mix of challenging individual and group activities. The final stage of assessment for candidates going to new schools, is the lesson observation and matching interview, which the candidate completes at the potential residency school.