What we do
Our mission is to raise the achievement of children, regardless of background, and to provide them with equal choices and opportunities in life. By developing a network of exceptional school leaders, we are transforming challenging schools and working to eradicate educational disadvantage.
What we do
The Future Leaders Trust runs leadership development programmes in England that enable aspiring SLT, headteachers and chief executives to create more impact for schools which serve disadvantaged children and their communities.
We run a suite of programmes to develop exceptional leaders committed to closing the attainment gap and eradicating educational disadvantage in England. Our holistic approach offers professional development to great educators from middle leadership to executive headship.
In November we will be joining forces with Teaching Leaders to form one organisation tackling educational disadvantage. There will be no immediate changes to our programmes and the same experienced teams will be running them in the new organisation. Find out more here.
Leadership development programmes
- Our programme Leading Impact - NPQSL is for current and aspiring senior leaders who are passionate about improving their practice in order to close the attainment gap in their schools.
- The Future Leaders programme is for senior leaders those who share our commitment to eradicating educational disadvantage, and have the talent and commitment to become headteachers of challenging schools within three years.
- Headship Now! including NPQH is for senior leaders preparing to reach headship in 12-18 months, drawing on our experience of developing leaders for challenging schools.
- The Talented Leaders programme matches exceptional headteachers and deputy heads ready for headship with schools who have struggled to recruit: embedding strong leaders in schools and communities which need long-term investment.
- Executive Educators meets the rising demand for professional development of Multi-Academy Trust CEOs; equipping current and aspiring system leaders with the knowledge and skills required to improve outcomes and life chances for children across a group of schools.